Saturday, October 3, 2015

Novena to Saint Francis of Assisi - Day 9




The Lord will set me free and rescue me because he loves me.

Prayer:

Gracious Father, I will thank you each day for your merciful goodness to me. With your help I will ever praise your kindness in my trouble. Please assist me now as I faithfully follow Christ, my Savior, and call upon the friendship and intercession of Saint Francis of Assisi, by granting my petition (mention the request). Amen.

Your offering today:

In gratitude, be good to others today.

Prayer of Peace:

Lord, make me an instrument of peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned.
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

http://desertnuns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/nov_francis.pdf

No comments: